Learning Support Services
LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES
Temple Christian School offers individualized learning support under the supervision of Learning Support Services.
The purpose of Learning Support Services is to provide specific student learning support in order to achieve grade-level success.
The benefits of the program are as follows:
Level 1 – student requires remedial academic, organizational, and time management assistance; has weak foundational skills or gaps in learning; has difficulty with success in the classroom. This level will provide:
- Assistance for student during the school day (including but not limited to tutoring/homework help, study skills, critical thinking, organizational assistance, etc.)
- Weekly monitoring of academic progress
- Minor accommodations beneficial to learning success
- Administration and interpretation of academic assessments
- A liaison between teacher, parents, administration, and student
- Students, parents, and teachers with resources, strategies, analyzed data and reports
Level 2 – student has a current medical or educational diagnosis and requires specific accommodations and/or modifications for success in the classroom. This level will:
- Provide all benefits as listed in Level 1
- Include an Academic Plan for Success with individualized accommodations and reasonable modifications to instruction, assignments, testing, etc.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Learning Support Services, please email Jennifer Weiman (email@example.com) for more information. Please include the name(s) and upcoming grade(s) of your child(ren).